Depending on who you ask, you’ll get a lot of different answers as to what the best digital marketing strategy of them all is. For example, if you approach a social media marketing agency and pose the same question to them, they’re going to say: “Well, social media marketing of course!” The same applies with PPC agencies, video marketing firms, and email marketing consultants.
The reality? There’s one specific digital marketing strategy that outshines the lot of them. Want to know what it is? Read on and all will be revealed!
What is the best digital marketing strategy of them all?
So, what is the best digital marketing strategy? And why? It’s easy to make such a bold statement, but can it actually be backed up with facts? Let’s find out…
Search engine optimizations is widely considered to be the greatest digital marketing strategy available today
The winner is SEO (search engine optimization). This is the most important and highly beneficial online marketing strategy and with good reason. Here’s why it takes the top spot:
- Organic search is the primary source of internet traffic: Given that SEO is the process of increasing your organic traffic through the top search engines like Google, this can be a real game changer for businesses.
- Every other digital marketing strategy benefits from having a solid and well-optimised website (in SEO it’s an essentiality): The fact that one of the primary objectives of SEO is to perfect your website and create a superior on-page experience stands testament to how valuable SEO is for the overall success of your other strategies (e.g., your social media marketing ads can be perfect, but if you send traffic to a substandard, slow-loading website without a clear marketing message, you’ll lose them).
- You own your traffic: With PPC and social media marketing for example, you are essentially ‘paying per click’. With organic SEO however, the traffic that comes through your website is earned and thus is free. What happens if Facebook bans your account? You lose all traffic. However, with SEO, you maintain that traffic so long as you are pushing forward and continually producing quality content.
- SEO has an awesome potential ROI: You will find widely different numbers online when you search for the average ROI of SEO; and this is largely because it does vary significantly depending on a broad range of factors. To give you a rough idea, you could be looking at anywhere between 220% and 1,220%.
- SEO isn’t going anywhere: there are many different digital marketing strategies – some of which may come and go as the years’ progress. However, SEO is always going to be here to stay. As such, it’s worth getting stuck in and staking your peg as soon as possible! Especially local SEO if you are a small business looking to make an impact in your local community.
Conclusion: SEO rules the roost
Make no mistake, just because SEO is the best digital marketing strategy, it does not mean that the other strategies are not worth your time.
In fact, ideally, you should aim to invest in as many digital marketing strategies as possible. Many of which work wonderfully together and can yield incredibly lucrative results.
In any case, SEO should be your priority and should serve as the foundation upon which your other digital marketing efforts can thrive.
Not convinced? Check out this SEO in Singapore. They not only specialise in search engine optimization, but PPC and social media marketing as well.