What exactly is PR?
If I had one dollar left, I’d spend it on PR. (Bill Gates). Well, we often heard people saying someone having strong PR is the reason for success. It is patent that Public relations (PR) are considered the key factor in achieving any success in business or organization.
We can never achieve desired results in personal as well as in professional life if we are not good enough at communication with others.
Those who want to learn about public relations should have a better understanding in the first place to be successful. It is wrong to say that PR is equivalent to advertising. It is rather a full process where brands are being promoted through PR in the form of editorial content, blogs, using news channels medium, magazines, websites, newspapers, and tv programs. PR is not something but everything in running a business nowadays in such a competitive environment.
PR has its own shapes which are used to cater needs of businesses. These are jot down as follows:
- Social media
- Public affairs
- Corporate and social responsibility
- Community relations
- Integrated marketing and communications
- Crises management
- Employee relations
WHY is PR being used for?
Any company that has to establish its good repute requires a good PR because public power is the essential part. We are all doing it for the public after all to gain their attention. So, it is very vital to keep these things intact to have a good start:
- Built credibility is very important for running a business smoothly
- A likebale image and positive face is needed to create for best business environment set up
- We also need to manage the reputation at all times for continuity of our business
- Brand’s value addition should be promoted which is not possible without PR
- A strong community relationship is an essential and integral thing for a business
- Niche authority needs to be increased with the help of strong PR
PR top strategies to keep in mind
Influential power is the digital way of doing PR which is far better than traditional PR. Influencers having a big audience that can grow your community and target audience for promoting your business.
Testimonials by happy and satisfied customers are the main pillars of any business and brand. You can have their videos and happy comments to voice their testimonials on the brand site that is the best PR example seen ever.
Native advertising is the best way to use rather than traditional advertising because the paid media seems a normal sort of content providing actual value to readers.
Internal PR is a much easier thing because by involving employees in creating a positive image building among the customers, we can achieve our goals persistently just by giving few perks.
Well, besides happy customers, at times there are unhappy ones who can easily approach media to create a bad image of your company or brand. You need to share your core values of the brand on the website or any approachable extent that adds a human feel to your company.
Social media is the biggest tool being utilized nowadays by all businesses that stick to the overall business plan.
Business events being hold by the company can gain brand exposure and can increase sales opportunities by meeting with prospective and current customers at the same time.
PR being a career
It is considered to be the 3rd best ranked creative and media-related job as it is becoming popular day by day. The demand for PR firms is increasing and becoming worthy because it can prove past success in generating revenue for their clients. Normally, it is common to hire Public relations agency or a firm for working on strategies and plans to do PR among customers and businesses.
Guage to PR efforts
Well, to gauge or doing KPI for the business that whether PR efforts being made are giving benefits or not in real-time, here are some tips and tools that ensure the KPI of this thing.
- Backlinks are something that is created when one website is linked with another website. This is the guage used by google to detrermine any ranking for your website.
- Online mentions are the tool for checking the brand online. The monitoring of your brand on social media, blogs, and reviews helps you understand if your PR campaign is doing any good to your business or not.
- Search engines from domain authority will help you access the search made on the internet about your business or brand.
- Social media engagements will let you identify that how many likes, shares, and comments are made about your brand or business.
PR tools that are effective for PR campaigns are as follows:
PR strategy example
Public Relations and marketing a deadly blend
It is always been the best blend of PR and marketing joining hands while making any business a success story. For example, if you try to launch any brand product, it is advisable and ideal to ask your PR strategy team to collaborate with the marketing department to join hands in doing it together which will surely make a buzz and allow the business to proceed in the right direction where you will get the maximum output and desired results.