Event planning is a very dynamic field of work. You must be spontaneous and on your toes, if you are involved in the event planning. The scenario of event planning has quite changed after the break of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The social gatherings are mostly restricted throughout the world and events if any are being conducted in a curtailed manner. Events online are a new and popular thing in these times. The global outbreak of the virus has surely changed the way we live and our perspective about events and functions.
Here are few tools and tactics:-
- Determine the purpose of the event
It might sound unimportant but the purpose of the event is to be very clear in the minds of the event planners.
- Plan the size of the event
The event planning also includes planning the logistics of the event. The size of the event is important even if you are planning online events. This is because it would give you an idea of the scale of preparations involved with the event.
- Budget Planning
Budget is a very essential aspect of any event planning. Finances drive the entire essence of the event. You must plan your budget well in advance to conduct the event successfully.
- Create a Website
A website can make things quite simple in case of any event. It can serve as a portal for many things.
- Online Registration – In the current digital era, having a website for an event is a must. The interested participants can register through the online platform in the comfort of their homes.
- Enquiries – The website would also help solve any of the queries about the event. The participants can ask, share and know all about the event through the website.
- Payments and Refunds – The payments for the event can be done online. A website can be a safe and secure method to conduct all monetary transactions. In case of any refunds, the participants have the website for any such ordeal.
- Feedback – An event website can be a great tool to register and share feedback. This feedback can be a helpful tool for planning upcoming events.
- Other Events – Event management is not about just one event. It is about creating a stir in the market with your presence. The website is the most helpful tool in such a case. All the information about other upcoming events can be found on a single medium.
- Advertisement – The website is the best source of advertisement and publicity for your event. With more smartphones and an upsurge in internet usage, the digital platform is the best source of advertisement.
The successful conduct of an event is a humongous task as it involves a lot of planning and preparations. However, there are a lot of tools and tactics as discussed above which would help in the event to be a great hit.