Business travel is essential for most companies, but there are expenses to consider. Businesses can use company travel software to organize business travel and expenses. The software helps reduce travel costs, improve performance, and increase profits.
But picking the best travel management software could prove tricky with so many choices in the market. Here, we offer some guidelines on how to choose the best company travel software for you.
What Features To Look For In The Right Company Travel Software
Companies should look at many aspects before they decide on travel management software. This step is of paramount importance in making the right choice. You can decide on the efficiency and need basis by assessing these factors.
The right company travel software should be easy-to-use for your team members. If you find the software you like, find out if it has the simple functions and features mentioned here.
- Smooth compatibility on various devices: Teams need to be able to reach the service using an app since they’ll be on the go. The company travel software should make it simple for users to report expenses, book travel, and receive real-time updates, all to improve their overall user satisfaction.
- Ease of use: The travel management solution should have a user-friendly interface. It should be simple and provide a smooth experience for users. They should be able to access hotel bookings, authorizations and make airline bookings that comply with company policies.
- Receipt capture: The company travel software should have a feature that lets you create and submit expense reports from the app. You can also use a mobile scanner to capture receipts, so you don’t have to worry about keeping them. Thereby it makes things easier for the accounts department and travel managers.
Multi-Purpose Functionality And Features
Travel management software with a proven track record will offer features that are a good fit for your business. You should select a program with features that support your business travel goals. Platforms like ITILITE, based on software-as-a-service (SaaS), allow you to customize these features to adopt with ease.
- Simple installation: The installation process should be hassle-free and not require any extra expenses. The company travel software should be ready to use as quickly as possible and work smoothly on Androids, iPads, desktops, and laptops without the need for upgradation.
- Around-the-clock reach: The travel management software should be able to provide access to relevant data at all times without any interruptions. The service provider needs to offer backup services to address any technological difficulties.
- Cloud features: The platform must have the ability to scale on-demand and include other cloud features so that you can access it anytime and anywhere. It should also be able to add more staff profiles as needed.
Using travel management software that includes safety features is essential to ensure you follow company responsibilities and policies.
- Marking: One thing that the travel management software should be able to do is classify and ban hotels and cities. Best of all, you can identify and mark hotels that meet the safety standards set by travel regulatory bodies. It should also allow you to block unsafe hotels and cities for your team.
- Real-time monitoring: Another beneficial feature a travel management tool should have is the live tracking of employees. In other words, you can keep track of where your employees are at all times and quickly locate them in case of a crisis.
The company travel software should assist around the clock with access to human representatives available 24/7.
Sophisticated Statistical Analysis And Reporting
The company travel software should have features that allow for advanced reporting and analytics to assist with managing travel and expenses. It should provide analytics that enables informed choices and reduce costs. It can help companies improve policy compliance and cost efficiency by generating information that supports actionable decisions to optimize travel expenses. It also provides live travel insights through a unified program.
Resolve Improper Implementation Of Travel And Expense Policies
Many businesses set procedures in place to govern the guidelines for travel expenditures. This approach must clearly define rules for employees to adhere to them effectively. The company can stay within a travel budget with easy-to-understand policies.
Your company travel software should be compatible with your internal policy and minimize confusion. The software should allow you to customize and implement travel policies.
You should be able to tailor your policy to align with your business requirements. The right software can enforce policy parameters. It eliminates the need for employees to remember rules.
You can eliminate expense fraud and unintentional violations if you have a transparent travel and expense policy and an automated way to enforce it. You can give your team the freedom to spend only within the parameters of the business’s policies. Think about it: this will lessen stress and boost employee satisfaction.
Use The Expense Tracking Software For Increased Profit Margins
The profitability of your business travel can improve by implementing expense-tracking software. Several companies continue to depend on paper trails and Excel sheet accounting. Now that is an unreliable system, and challenging to track and consolidate expenses. You will need help to identify trouble spots. Also, you must know the exact profit margin of your travel program with accurate data on live expense tracking.
Connecting Smoothly With Your Current Technology
The company travel software must smoothly integrate with your existing model. It should cover accounting software and HR management mechanisms. Users can develop a simplified process to ensure seamless integration.
Any relevant information gets directly passed between systems with a seamless connection. Hence, it eliminates the necessity for manual work and minimizes the risk of mistakes. It frees up staff time so stakeholders can access accurate and recent data.
The Bottom Line: Know What Kind Of Company Travel Software You Need
In a nutshell: the perfect company travel software is critical for simplifying your travel processes, cutting costs, and managing the duty of care for teams. By now, you understand the elements you need. Consider the factors covered in this post before investing in an option that perfectly suits your company. And the Good news? You can boost your business travel ROI with ITLITE’s unbeatable features. It will likely encourage the ongoing development of your travel management processes.