QuickBooks won’t open is a common error that can also be occurred as Quickbooks does not start. The user faces several issues whenever this error occurs. The most common issue is a sudden stop of the QuickBooks desktop. Due to this problem, the error is named as Quickbooks won’t open. Moreover, when the error appears it states the same text. But, there is no need to worry because we have the best tool to diagnose the issue. You can use the Quickbooks file doctor tool and see how it leaves magic on your computer system.
But, before troubleshooting the error, we need to first understand it through its causes and symptoms. So, now, let’s proceed ahead and learn different unknown things related to the error issue. Make sure to read every section carefully.
A Small Brief about QuickBooks Won’t Open
The user usually encounters this error at the time of accessing the company file. The error prevents the user to access the QB file because of several triggers. It can also hinder the data stored in the company file. So, there is a need for urgency to tackle the issue. If you want to save your data from being corrupted and damaged, then read further and know here the causes.
Major Causes of the Error QuickBooks Won’t Open
- The company name that you have given might be too large.
- QBWUSER.INI file gets damaged and corrupted.
- The hard disk is not working properly because of its corruption.
- An outdating operating system is installed on your computer.
- Quickbooks desktop is not installed perfectly.
Symptoms to Identify and Detect the Error
- The user neither opens the company file nor the Quickbooks desktop.
- The system is not performing smoothly.
- Slow performance of the system.
- Inputs are not being taken by the mouse and keyboards.
- Also, system hangs can be another sign of the error.
Things to Consider Before Troubleshooting
The user now needs to conduct these things before initiating any kind of troubleshooting.
- Make sure to update the QuickBooks desktop with the latest version available in the market.
- Disable the hosting related to workstations.
- Try to suppress the QuickBooks software.
- Provide a new name to ND and TLG files.
- You need to restore the installing procedure of the QuickBooks application.
Use Quickbooks File Doctor to Repair the Issue
Now, we will use the worldly famous QuickBooks file doctor tool to resolve the issue. So, get into the steps below and learn how you can easily tackle this issue through this one tool.
- To carry out the procedure, first shut down the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, go through the Intuit site and find out the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You need to download it on the system where QuickBooks is installed.
- Once it is downloaded, just launch the file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- After that, move your focus towards the guidelines appearing on the computer’s screen.
- Thereafter, just install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- if the installation procedure ends, go to the Quickbooks tool hub icon. You can find it on your Windows desktop.
- When the user cannot find the tool hub, then move towards the search tab and write its name to open the application.
- Now, you may see that the tool hub is opened properly.
- If this is the situation, then move your cursor towards the tab named Company File issues.
- Tap on the other tab named Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- You only require to spend some of your minutes till the tool functions on the device.
- The user needs to look for the Quickbooks file doctor application manually if they cannot find it.
- The most important thing in this whole procedure is to choose the Company file.
- So, go to the drop-down menu and choose your company file.
- When there arise some issues in accessing the company file, then you can jump to the Browse button.
- Make sure to browse and then search for your file.
- In the next step, the user needs to click on the Check Your File option.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Don’t leave in between without mentioning the QuickBooks admin password.
- Hit the tab next in this step.
The tool will now automatically detect and diagnose the issue on its own. However, it may prove to be a little longer if the file size is bigger than the usual size. Also, don’t forget to conduct each step as stated. If you somehow leave the procedure in between then it might not resolve your issue. As the most important task that we need to do is to conduct a scanning procedure and for that, we have to do each step with great concern. Moreover, don’t judge a book by its cover, you may think that the procedure is too long by looking at the steps but in reality, they can be easily conducted. So, without any further thought, just carry out the procedure. We wish that the error is resolved and you are now working smoothly on your system.