Well, we can understand how you are feeling to see that irritable errors in the system. But, luckily you are in safe hands as we will going to help you with some best troubleshooting. These errors are a plethora of reasons that might appear altogether. We will discuss later what are those causes so that you will not conduct the troubleshooting blindfolded. Now, just trust in us and read this step-by-step guide to have the best knowledge of error. Get into the beginning section and understand what is Quickbooks error 6138.
Quickbooks Error 6138: A Brief
Quickbooks Error 6138, 1005 appears at the time of accessing and opening the company file. The error also appears when a system is not hosting the company file. The error brings certain damages to the company file that can lead to data loss. As it is a 6000 series error so it indicates the issue within the QB file. It is suggested to make a backup of the damaged file and then move ahead with the further steps. Adding on, you can also use the Quickbooks tool hub for deleting many such errors.
Well, the error can be resolved easily with the right solutions. In this guide, we have done a lot of research before presenting to you this fantastic piece of writing. Now, let’s get into the article and read about what are the symptoms of Quickbooks error 6138.
Identification signs to detect Quickbooks Error 6138
The system makes us aware of the error through some signs and symptoms. You need to acknowledge them with this list given below:
- Encountering the File does not exist error.
- And the Script error dialog box pops up on the screen.
- Stumbled to Codec error frequently.
Causes of Quickbooks Error code 6138
The causes that I talked about earlier are provided in this section. These are really important to know as just by knowing them, you can set your mind to all these particular causes and thus save your time from being wasted on other things.
- If the server system is not having the company file then you can have the error.
- Get ready for the error if the software is not running with enough admin credentials.
- Damaging within .ND and .TLG files.
Solve the error with these quick methods
In the remaining guide, we will try our best to fix the Quickbooks errors. So, read further.
Method 1: Update Quickbooks
- First of all, open the Quickbooks desktop.
- Then, navigate to the help menu and hit on update Quickbooks for further process.
- After performing all these solutions, click on the update now tab.
- Now just checkmark the reset update and hit the tab named get updates.
- In the end, just close the application after the update is complete.
Method 2: Copy the QB file to the desktop
- Initiate the procedure by right-clicking on the desktop screen and selecting the new folder from the list.
- Then move to the current company file location.
- In the next step, the user needs to right-click on the company file and choose the copy option.
- Moving on, open the new folder and paste it by right-clicking.
- Once done with the above procedure, just press and hold the Ctrl key till the no company open window appears on the screen.
- Launch the open or restore an existing company.
- Then, select open a company file and tap on the next option.
- Now you need to browse the desktop file that is copied in a new folder.
- Tap on the open tab and resolve the error.
Method 3: Use Quickbooks Tool Hub to Run Quickbooks File Doctor
In this next method, the user first needs to make the Quickbooks tool hub download on the device and thus carry on with the further procedure.
- After downloading the Quickbooks desktop tool hub from the official site of Intuit, now you need to open it.
- And, move towards the company file issue tab.
- Tap on the tab and then select Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
Now, the Quickbooks File Doctor will start the process and you can easily resume your work.
Method 4: Disable Quickbooks Tasks
This is the last solution that you can conduct to remove Quickbooks error 6138 from the system. Take the help of these steps to do so.
- In the first place, you need to log in as an admin in the system.
- After that press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open task manager.
- Now you only need to highlight the first option and after that press Q from the keyboard so that you can see the Quickbooks process.
- After performing all these steps, hit on Quickbooks processes and tap on the end task.
- End the process by opening the Quickbooks Company File.
You will also like | What Is Captive Insurance and How Does It Work?
We have tried to mention all the relevant solutions for resolving the error. You can easily tackle this issue on your own. But, if resolving the issue is not your cup of tea then take the help of the Quickbooks customer care team and tell them about this error. They will always be there to assist you immediately.