Do you also come across the error saying Error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. If yes, then don’t worry, it is a common issue and can be eliminated with the troubleshooting we will be providing to you. The error appears when the user does not have sufficient rights to open a particular company file. Well, updating the rights for access can resolve the issue but there are other fixation methods too that you can consider according to the relevant source that leads to the error. We will be discussing all of these later after a quick brief of Quickbooks error 1321.
Quickbooks Install Error: A Basic Intro
It is said to be an installation error because of its occurrence at the time of installing a Quickbooks company file. The error indicates that the installer is unable to write any certain files due to a lack of permission and rights. Also, the path can be varied depending upon the installation. Now, let’s learn some of the reasons that bring the error and disturb the entire working process.
Causes of Quickbooks Error Code 1321
Check out some of the most relevant causes of the Quickbooks error 1321 and then remove them through step-by-step troubleshooting.
- The system is not shut down properly after the last use.
- Some antivirus or firewall settings blocking the Quickbooks application.
- If the file is either damaged or used.
- When the file copy procedure is slower than the file update procedure.
- Restriction in windows permission for the folder containing the file.
Symptoms to Detect the Quickbooks Install Error
Look at the pointers below to learn some of the most common symptoms of the error.
- The user can receive error messages like “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ CfScan.DLL” OR “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\ Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL”.
- The windows restriction on the folder.
- If the Quickbooks file gets damaged then it may give you signs of this error.
- The speed of the software gets slow down and responds sluggishly.
Fixation Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Error 1321
Conduct these methods until the error gets resolved and you can move back to your work.
Method 1: Download Quickbooks Tool Hub and Run QBinstall Diagnostic Tool
We all know how the Quickbooks Tool hub helps us in rectifying various errors and bugs. So, we will use this tool and try to eliminate the issue.
- The first thing that we need to do is to close Quickbooks and other running apps in the background.
- Now just download the Quickbooks Tool Hub file and save the same on your desktop.
- Open the tool once it downloaded successfully.
- Proceed with the on-screen guidelines to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- If the tool successfully installed, it will show as an icon. You need to double-click on that.
Note: If you cannot find the icon on the system then search for Quickbooks Tool Hub and select the program.
- Click on the Installation issues from the Tool Hub.
- After that, you need to select the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After completing the scanning process, you can reboot your system to save the entire change.
Method 2: Temporarily Disable and Enable Antivirus
This is another method that you can try of disabling Antivirus and reinstalling or updating it. You need to follow these steps to conduct the operation.
- To begin, try to temporarily disable your Antivirus or other security software that was installed on the system.
- Now, just install the Quickbooks desktop or update the same to the latest release. ‘
- In the next step, you need to enable Antivirus or security software.
You need to prevent the use of DSL and cable connection to disable the software. Also, disconnect the system from the Internet before turning off the antivirus software. After completing this entire process, try to re-enable the antivirus software before reconnecting to the internet.
Method 3: Try to Update
- The user is supposed to tap on the retry tab when encountering the error code and then finish the update
- Once done with it, examine the issue. If it persists, you need to select the ignore/cancel icon and also choose the options
- Now, just disable or turn off the antivirus on a temporary basis.
- In the end, you need to install the Quickbooks desktop again in the right manner.
With these three troubleshooting methods, you will surely resolve the error issue. However, if the error persists then try to contact the Quickbooks support them for seeking their help. You can contact them through calls, emails, and chats, so don’t hesitate to initiate a further step from your side.