Whether it is design, performance, or features, Redmi Note 12 4G is one of the most affordable phones. HyperOS was officially released on 26 October 2023. Unfortunately, this human-centric operating system is officially available for the latest Xiaomi devices starting from Xiaomi 13. Does it mean you can’t use it on your Redmi Note 12 4G? Of course not! In this article, I will walk you through how to update Redmi Note 12 4G HyperOs guides. Let’s dive in!
How To Update Redmi Note 12 4G with HyperOs?
Before updating yourRedmi Note 12 4G with HyperOs, here are some crucial things to consider.
- Your Redmi Note 12 device must have at least 50% charge.
- Make sure to keep a backup of all the important files, videos, images, and other things. Installing new HyperOs updates will eradicate everything from your phone.
- If you have an SD card, don’t forget to remove it from the slot section.
- Buy or manage a compatible USB cable to connect your phone to a PC or laptop. It should be firmly attached to the USB port area to avoid loose connection.
Step: 01—Turn on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging
The first important step is turning on the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging option. Once you enable the OEM to unlock, it lets you customize the Redmi operating system. The USB Debugging allows you to connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable by granting a level of access to the device.
- Open the settings panel on your Xiaomi phone and scroll down until you reach the “About Phone” panel.
- Now, click on the MIUI version multiple times until the “Developer Options” is enabled.
- Open the homepage of the settings panel and type “Developer Options” in the search box. Tap on it when it comes.
- Turn on the OEM Unlocking option. Make sure to press the “Enable” button.
- Next, hit on the USB Debuggingoption. Don’t forget to select the “OK” button to give access.
Step: 02— Unlock Bootloader
Your next job is unlocking the bootloader. Unless you unlock the bootloader, you can’t install custom software. Unlocking the bootloader enables you to make significant changes to your device’s software and perform radical operating. But, remember you won’t receive HyperOS OTA updates once you do this. Another point to note down is that unlocking the bootloader will void the smartphone’s warranty and pose security risks. If you are okay with it, follow the below steps:
- Download the Mi Account Unlock Tool from the official website of Xiaomi on your PC or laptop. Run the application and open it.
- Login to your Mi Account that you have used in your Redmi Note 12 4G. If you don’t have one, create a new one.
- Turn off your Android device and hold the lower volume and power button simultaneously for 10 seconds to enter the Fastboot mode.
- Now, grab a USB cable and use it to connect your phone to your PC or laptop.
- Wait for a while until the system recognizes your Redmi phone. You will see a notification once the detection is completed.
- Now, click on the “Unlock” option. A new pop-up text will appear on the screen. Press the “Unlock anyway” section.
- Wait for a while until the unlocking steps are completed. Once it is done, you will see a successful text.
- Tap on the “Reboot phone” option to restart the device. Unplug the USB cable from your Xiaomi phone.
Step: 03— Download HyperOS For Redmi Note 12 4G
You have options to download two types of software to install HyperOS for Redmi Note 12 4G: Fastboot and Recovery mode. Both are alternatives to each other and one is not better than the other in use. Fastboot options generally have larger files (more than 7 GB) than Recovery options (usually, 4-4.5 GB). The following are links to download both options.
Download Link 01: OS126.96.36.199.UMGMIXM NFC Global(Fastboot)
Download Link 02: OS188.8.131.52.UMGEUXM NFC EEA(Recovery)
Download Link 03: OS184.108.40.206.UMGMIXM NFC Global(Recovery)
Download Link 04: OS220.127.116.11.UMGIDXM NFC Indonesia(Recovery)
Step: 04— Switch on the Fastboot Mode
When it comes to tons of customizations to a Xiaomi phone, Fastboot Mode is a perfect choice. Though you can choose either option, I will mention here how to turn on the fastboot mode and install the latest version of HyperOS.
- First, turn on the USB Debugging option. Make sure your handset is at least 50%-60% charge.
- Now, grab a USB cable to connect your phone to a PC or laptop. Once it is connected, navigate to the Windows search box and type CMD or “Command Prompt.”
- Alternatively, Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open the Run window type cmd in the Run window, and hit the enter button.
- When the Command Prompt appears on the screen, type “adb reboot bootloader” (without inverted commas) and hit the enter button from the keyboard.
- Next, type “fastboot devices” to check the compatibility of the fastboot connectivity. Make sure to enter the correct Device ID, which you can find from Settings > About Phone > Status.
- If the Command Prompt is not showing the device ID, install the Android USB Driver from this link.
Step: 05— Install The HyperOS On Your Phone
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the HyperOs file. Now, double-click on the Bat file to start the installation of HyperOs in your Redmi NOTE 12 4G.
- Wait for a while until the process is completed. Make sure the phone is not unplugged from the PC or laptop. Also, avoid using the phone during the installation.
- Your device may reboot one or several times during the installation time. Once it is completed a notification will appear on the pc screen.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the necessary information to land on the homescreen. That’s it! Now, you can enjoy the latest HyperOS in your Redmi NOTE 12 4G.
HyperOS is a full ecological operating system to connect personal devices, electric cars, and smart home products. Though Redmi Note 12 users can’t get HyperOS officially, they can manually install this human-centric operating system that promotes better user-friendly performance. Hopefully, the above discussion helped you learn how to update Redmi Note 12 4G HyperOs guides.