17.1 C
Saturday, September 23, 2023

5 Simple Ways To Get Your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in the United States


Moving to the United States can be difficult, despite many people worldwide seeing this country as a land of opportunity. Having a Permanent Resident Card, also known as a Green Card, is the final step in the process of immigrating to the United States. In simple words, an immigrant visa is required for a citizen of another country to settle down permanently in the United States. 


In this blog, we are sharing a list of the easiest and most effective ways to receive a green card in the United States using the Form i130 procedure.


1 – Get Married to Get In

A foreign national must have an immediate relative in the United States minimum of 21 years old. They may be a lawful permanent resident of the United States or a citizen of the United States to be eligible for this method of obtaining a green card.


In most cases, this is accomplished by marriage; however, the relationship itself must be real and not be entered into only to facilitate immigration. This is of utmost importance. In fact, there are two sorts of family-based immigrant visas, which is a more general way to talk about this way of immigrating:


Family Preferred Visa:

You can only qualify for one of these visas if you have a distant relative who is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident in a close relationship. Every financial year, there are a fixed number of these kinds of immigrants are allowed to enter the country. The processing period is much longer, often measured in years or even decades.


Immediate Relatives Visa

Visas for spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens are known as “immediate relatives” visas. There is no yearly limit on the number of people who can enter the country under these categories. The processing time is relatively short, at roughly a year.


2 – Invest Money to Get In

Another possible way for immigrant investors to apply for green cards through the EB-5 direct investor plan is by financing as little as $500,000 in their enterprises and meeting the requirement to create ten new employees. This chance is only available for a limited time and will most likely end before the end of the year. Additionally, the total amount can increase to $900,000 from what it was before.


This plan has a version for regional centres that are temporarily closed and waiting for Congress to reopen them.


3 – Use Study Way to Get In

You can take advantage of a student visa to pursue your bachelor’s or master’s degree at a university in the United States. That qualifies you for OPT, a work visa that lasts a year after graduation. After the first year, have your employer submit an H1B visa application on your behalf.


The next step is to have the employer submit paperwork to the Department of Labour showing that no qualified Americans are available, ready, and capable of filling this position.


The next step is to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of the Department of Homeland Security. This is ideal for many candidates with outstanding skills but limited financial resources and no close relationship with the United States.


4 – Work and Earn to Get In

You can submit an application for an H1B work visa and then receive a green card through the process of labour certification as outlined in the example given of a student or submit an application for an EB-2 extraordinary worker green card, usually based on a national interest waiver.


The best part about filing for a green card under EB-2 is that you don’t need a job offer to do so. You must show that you have exceptional ability or an advanced degree. Additionally, you need to show national interest to skip the normal requirements of a job offer and ensure that it would be beneficial to the United States to do so.


Some physiotherapists and nurses can also use this way to get a green card without a labour certification if given a job in their field.


5 – Inter-Corporate Transfer to Get In

Consider the case of Toyota, which relocates its Tokyo office’s management to New York. That’s a great example of an intra-company movement that can lead to citizenship. The company petitioning on your behalf must be based in the United States and offer you a managerial or executive responsibility position.


The petitioner must be a U.S.-based legal organization that has been in operation for at least a year and has a “qualifying relationship” with the foreign company where you were previously employed in a managing or executive capacity. This is a great green card option because it does not necessitate a labour certification.


Things to Remember

“Green Cards” have no expiry date, but most are only useful for ten years. If you are a potential permanent resident, your card will be valid for two years. Make sure your card is always up-to-date.

Zafar Jutt Work for BTM
Zafar Jutt Work for BTMhttps://www.businesstomark.com/
I am self-educated and a God-made man. I started my journey as a guest Blogger. ALHAMDULILLAH now I'm admin off sites. Im a great believer in hard work and dedication. I am constantly striving to provide my clients with the best possible service and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. I am always looking for new opportunities to learn and grow. Stay updated with the latest business news and trends on businesstomark.com.

Related Stories