Applying for a National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is an essential process for Pakistani citizens living abroad. The NICOP serves as an identification document and facilitates overseas Pakistanis in various transactions, such as opening bank accounts, acquiring property, and participating in voting processes. To guide you through the application process, here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a NADRA Card Renewal UK:
Gather the Required Documents:
Before starting the application process, ensure that you have the necessary documents. The list of required documents may vary depending on your specific circumstances, but generally, you will need the following:
- Copy of your Pakistani passport or CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) if available.
- Copy of your Pakistani birth certificate or your parent’s Pakistani birth certificate.
- Proof of Pakistani nationality (e.g., old Pakistani passport, Form-B, or nationality certificate).
- Proof of residence abroad (e.g., foreign passport, residence permit, work visa, or utility bills).
- Four recent passport-sized photographs with a white background.
- Copy of your current and previous Pakistani passports (if applicable).
- Marriage certificate (for married individuals).
- Divorce certificate or death certificate of spouse (if applicable).
It’s essential to have both original documents and their photocopies for submission.
The next step is to complete the online application for the NICOP. The NADRA Card Center provide an online portal for this purpose.
- Visit the NADRA Card Center website or the official website dedicated to NICOP applications.
- Create an account on the website if you don’t have one already.
- Log in to your account and select the “NICOP” option.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Upload scanned copies of the required documents as per the website’s instructions.
- Review the application form and ensure all details are correct.
- Submit the application.
Payment of Fee:
Once you have submitted the application online, you will need to pay the applicable fee. The fee may vary depending on the processing time and the country where you are applying. The payment options may include online payment through credit/debit card or bank transfer. After making the payment, keep the payment receipt for future reference.
After submitting the application and payment, the next step is to undergo biometric verification. This process usually takes place at the NADRA Card in your country of residence. You may need to schedule an appointment and visit the designated location with your original documents and a copy of your application form.
During the biometric verification, your fingerprints, photograph, and digital signature will be captured. This process is necessary to ensure the authenticity of the application and confirm your identity.
After the biometric verification, your application will be forwarded to NADRA for processing. The processing time may vary depending on the type of application and the volume of applications being processed. It is advisable to regularly check the status of your application online using the tracking ID provided during the submission process.
Delivery of NICOP:
Once your NICOP application is processed and approved, you will be notified about the availability of your card. Depending on the options available in your country, you may need to collect the card in person from the NADRA Card Center to provide an address for delivery. Follow the instructions provided to ensure a smooth collection or delivery process.