Apple has gained lots of popularity in the past years. The tech giant has also launched different series of iPads and Air Pods. We know that Apple is known for the production of one of the world’s best devices. Its iPad has a remarkable name in the world of tablets. However, these devices are not error-free and risks of trouble or fault are always there.
No matter which latest version of iPad you own, there is an obvious chance that you may have faced a few problems with your device.
Common iPad Problems
Following is a list of issues that can happen to your Apple device.
- Device not turning on
- Unresponsive or frozen screen
- Wi-Fi connectivity issue
- Non-responding apps
- Charging Issues
- OS crashes
- Device Working Slowly
- Touch screen is unresponsive
- Power button not working
- Device stuck on the reboot screen
Basic Steps to Solve iPad Issues
Just like you troubleshoot in case of a problem in your computer system, you wish there could be some troubleshooting options to solve common iPad issues as well. As this is an expensive device, we can understand that its service, and maintenance will also cost you a hefty amount. That is why we have created a list of some basic steps that you can perform in order to solve the above-mentioned problems easily.
Restart the Device
Though this seems to be a very basic step this helps in solving many issues in your device. It is a very simple solution to many issues related to iOS devices. When you restart your device, the previous power cycle of the device will break. It will then start a new power cycle after restarting which will be helpful in solving many issues related to the network or battery of your device. Restart the iPad by following the below steps.
- Press the power button located at the top of the device.
- A slider will appear on the screen when your press the power button. Slide it to power off or turn off the device.
- Wait for 5-20 minutes and restart the device by using again the power button at the top.
Network Settings Reset
Network issues are very common in iPads. Whenever you face a problem in connecting your device to Wi-Fi or you are unable to send or receive calls or messages, this is an obvious sign of a network-related issue. A very simple technique is available to troubleshoot this problem. You simply have to rest the network settings of your device. Before going to any gadget repair shop it would be great if you follow the below steps to reset network settings.
- Open the settings icon of your device.
- Go to the ‘General’ option.
- Then select the ‘Reset’ option.
- After that, in the reset section, select ‘Reset network settings.
- Press the confirm button.
- The device will restart after setting the reset option for your network settings.
Erase all Content and Settings Option
This option in your device is similar to the restore factory settings option we get on many devices. Whenever you feel there is some issue with the network or your iPad is not functioning properly, then you can try these settings to solve many issues with your device. However, remember to take a backup of all the data on your device before applying these settings. Below are the given steps to implement these settings.
- Go to the settings icon on your device.
- In the settings menu choose ‘General’.
- Under the General tab choose the ‘Reset’ option.
- In the Reset tab choose the ‘Erase all content and setting’ option.
- Press the confirm button.
- Your device will self restart and the new settings will be implemented.
Put the Device in Recovery Mode
Whenever your device becomes unresponsive or you face a frozen screen issue, you can try this option to get you out of trouble. After putting the device in recovery mode, you can take help from iTunes to recover your device back. Follow the below step to implement the recovery mode on your device.
- First you have to launch iTunes on your system.
- Connect a USB cable to your device.
- After connecting the cable, long press the Home button. The ‘Connect to iTunes ’ icon will be visible on the screen.
- When iTunes will recognize the device, a pop-up message will be displayed.
- Select the Agree button on the pop-up.
- The device will be put into recovery mode.
Check the Updates of iOS and Other Apps
Some problems might arise when you do not keep your device in an updated state. Therefore, to keep your device in a totally functioning state, it is recommended to keep it in an updated version. Follow the below steps for this technique.
- Open the ‘App Store’.
- There will be a ‘Profile Icon’ in the upper right corner of your device’s screen.
- Click this icon and choose the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- In the accounts tab, search ‘Upcoming Automatic Updates’.
- You will only see this option if any of your apps need updating.
- Otherwise this option will not be visible.
- If you get the option, select it.
- Select the ‘Update All’ option. Apps will start updating automatically.
Know your iPad
Knowing basic troubleshooting methods can help you avoid unnecessary visits to an Apple store for minor iPad issues. However, for more complex problems such as water damage or cracked screens, it’s best to take your gadget to a skilled and trustworthy iPad repair in Norwich. Seek professional services to get your iPad functioning properly again.