Contrary to many people’s belief, drug addiction is never a result of lack of moral principles or willpower. Instead, it’s a complex disease that can surface due to many reasons. The bad news is that addiction has many side effects that could ruin people’s life if care isn’t taken quickly. First, this condition can lead to isolation and stagnation in life. Besides, it can also damage your relationship with friends and family or result in various health and financial issues. To avoid these issues, one effective approach to handling addiction is by visiting the best Fort Worth recovery center.
Drug abuse and addiction is treatable across the world, including Fort Worth. However, for you to get the most out of your addiction recovery process at ASIC recovery center, you need to first admit that you have an addiction problem. In the rest of this post, you’ll discover a few effective approaches for choosing suitable drug addiction treatment in Fort Worth.
Key elements of suitable addiction treatments in Fort Worth
The first thing you should know is that a one-size-fits-all treatment approach doesn’t apply here. The treatment processes that work for Person A may take a very long time to work for Person B, who also suffers from drug abuse. As such, the best way to choose a suitable treatment option is by going for custom treatment.
Well, regardless of the treatment processes that work for you, below are some elements you should expect:
- Detoxification is the first crucial step in drug addiction treatment in Fort Worth. This process involves eliminating toxic drug substances from the body. In addition, identification also involves finding the best possible ways to manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Behavioral counseling is another effective element of a good treatment program. This treatment element can also effectively help you (an addiction sufferer) to identify the underlying causes of your drug problem. Furthermore, behavioral counseling also assists patients in understanding how to live healthier lifestyles and developing coping mechanisms.
- The use of medication is another crucial element of a good treatment program. Sometimes, the best outpatient rehab in Fort Worth, such as ASIC Recovery Services Center, prescribes drugs that’ll assist addiction sufferers to address depression, better manage their withdrawal symptoms, or avoid relapse.
- Lastly, there’s a long-term follow-up plan attached to every suitable addiction treatment in Fort Worth. This plan is specially designed to assist patients in avoiding relapse and maintain sobriety.
Types of drug addiction treatment programs
1. Intensive outpatient program
The best alcohol & drug treatment center, Tx offers several different treatment programs for drug addiction. A good example is ASIC Recovery Services center, which offers the best intensive outpatient program (IOP) in Fort Worth. No need for you to live in the ASIC Recovery Service rehab facility with an IOP program. You can stay at home and visit the facility regularly based on schedule to receive treatments. You should expect to spend at least 9 hours weekly until you complete your recovery process.
2. Intensive inpatient program
Unlike IOP, an intensive inpatient program requires you to stay in a drug rehab in Fort Worth to get the necessary treatment. The good news is that this short-term clinical treatment option is very effective and perfect for addiction patients looking for help with withdrawal symptoms.
3. Partial hospitalization program
As the name suggests, partial hospitalization programs are designed for addiction sufferers who require continuous medical tracking but don’t wish to stay in the medical facility for too long. To enjoy this option, you should expect to invest at least 20 hours of your time weekly for treatment at the facility. However, you can always return home daily after each treatment session.
Group therapy (or one-on-one therapy) is another treatment option that’s effective for treating addiction problems. This treatment program is effective for identifying triggers, learning how to avoid the triggers, and developing various coping skills.
Best practices for selecting the exact drug addiction treatment for you
Consider the following tips when looking to choose the right treatment program for you:
- First, you need to know that one-size-fits-all is never an option when it comes to treating addiction. Instead, the exact treatment program you’re choosing should be customized to meet your needs.
- The treatment program should help live healthier lifestyles, not just treat drug abuse.
- Acknowledging that you have an addiction problem is key. Showing commitment and embracing long-term follow-up care is even more crucial.
- Be bold enough to ask for help from your loved ones. If they care for you, they’ll surely stand by you and see to it that you visit the best Fort Worth intensive outpatient center, such as ASIC Recovery Services center.