The world of sexual health has come a long way in the past few years, especially when it comes to premature ejaculation sprays. And there is research to support it, according to Dr. Laurence Levine, an expert in male sexual health. Dr. Levine goes over all of the benefits of PE sprays, what they are used for, and what to look for when shopping for premature ejaculation sprays.
These sprays are, fortunately, easily available, and they can be purchased without a prescription. However, it’s recommended that you do your research and look at reviews beforehand to find the best premature ejaculation spray for you.
What is PE?
PE is not short for physical exercise, like you had in your middle school class curriculum. On the contrary, when you see the term PE used today, it is used to signify “premature ejaculation.” Premature ejaculation is a medical condition in which a man reaches orgasm early on, usually within seconds or minutes. It is a common problem that as many as 1 in 3 men face, according to the Urology Care Foundation.
Although it is a common problem, this doesn’t make it any more difficult to deal with. In fact, PE can be a difficult condition that affects a man psychologically, physically, and emotionally. PE might make it:
- Difficult for a man to achieve true pleasure
- Difficult for a woman to experience pleasure
- Affect the relationship between a man and his partner
- Affect a man’s self confidence in his ability to perform
- Lead to depression
- Lead to feelings of anxiety
When you consider just how big of a problem PE truly is, you begin to understand why it’s so important for people to get help for their PE through therapy, a medical doctor, changes in lifestyle, and of course, PE sprays.
What are PE sprays made out of?
PE sprays are commonly made of only two ingredients that are safe to use on the skin and are readily available nationwide. These two ingredients are:
- Lidocaine: Lidocaine is an FDA-approved local anesthetic that was originally meant to treat pain. It works by being applied directly to the skin, therefore stopping the signals of the brain sent to that area of the body that produce the signals of pain. When lidocaine is prescribed, it is usually available as a skin ointment or other cream. You can also freely find it in pharmacies all around the United States! This is a safe drug to use, and can create a numbing effect that helps reduce pain as well as decrease the sensation in the head of the penis. This, in turn, helps men last longer by numbing out this sensitive area.
- Prilocaine: Prilocaine is another ingredient that is a local anesthetic and can be safely used on skin. It is typically combined with lidocaine in generic treatments such as over-the-counter sprays, creams, and topical ointments. It is used the same as lidocaine, to help numb out the skin and reduce pain signals. However, for the purposes of PE, it also creates a numbing effect to improve the duration of sex.
What To Look For in PE Sprays
Now that you know what goes into the sprays, and that they are safe to use on unbroken skin, it’s important to find the best PE sprays for your particular skin and situation. PE sprays are typically easy to use, and they can be purchased in pharmacies, online, or in specialty shops made for sexual health.
When buying PE sprays, keep the following things in mind:
- Ease of application. When purchasing a PE spray, make sure that it is fairly easy to open and use on your skin. Heavy creams and ointments might not be the best choice for your skin, but sprays are effective.
- Ingredients are clearly labeled. With anything you buy that will be ingested or placed on your skin, it’s important to know exactly what ingredients are being put into your body. Therefore, make sure that the PE spray you plan on purchasing has a clear PE label that has a statement of its ingredients, their amounts, and also any relevant information for your health and safety.
- Price. Many PE sprays are affordable, but some might market themselves as being high-end treatments. It’s recommended that you look at reviews to not only gauge performance, but also to determine whether or not the cost of these PE sprays is truly worth the price.
- Doesn’t affect women. Make sure that the spray you use, such as Promescent, doesn’t affect the woman in your life negatively. If the spray you’re using or the ointment leads to numbness for a woman, this might lead to a delay in her orgasm and pleasure. This is never a good idea, and can make sex much worse!
Why It’s Worth It
Now that you know about PE sprays, you might be wondering if it’s worth the investment. PE sprays are now widely used, have advanced, and are now widely available for men to enjoy without a prescription. For many men, getting a prescription for Viagra or Cialisis, traditional drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction, might not be an option. However, PE sprays remain a safe and readily available option that you can use at a moment’s notice before beginning sex.
You can even integrate PE spray into your roleplay before sex by getting help from a partner. All in all, there are many treatments for PE, such as therapy, medical intervention, and lifestyle changes. While all of these play an important role in helping you recover from PE, PE sprays add another layer to help in your PE recovery.