With increase in use of mobile devices, the market for mobile app development is growing. As per dataReportal the mobile market is growing by 2.9% yearly and according to Statista more than 3.5 million and 1.6 million apps are present on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store respectively.
As a beginner you might think choosing React native for mobile app development is purely because of cross platform development or maybe even time or budget saving. In addition, this blog post discusses the reasons for using React Native and the benefits it offers for mobile app development.
React Native App Development?
The React Native app development market is expected to reach $364.54 billion by 2028, driven by advancements in mobile app development technology. React is one of the leading tools in this field, and was first released by Facebook in 2013.
What is ReactJS?
What is React Native?
React Native, a framework that enables developers to create cross-platform mobile applications, was made available in 2015.
Features & functions of React Native
It’s hard to find React Native developers who specialize in React, iOS, and Android. But if you know the essential components of React Native, it’ll be much simpler. Here are the essential features and components of React Native mobile app development:
- React Native Components: React Native components are reusable code snippets that save time and effort, improve performance, and create consistent UIs for native and web apps.
- React Native Hooks: Hooks in React Native are relatively new features, allowing state management along with utilizing other React features without a class. This simplifies the code and is easily maintainable saving time and effort.
- React Native Navigation: React Native Navigation is a library that makes it easy to navigate between different screens in your app. It provides a variety of features, such as tab bars, side menus, and modals.
- React Native Gestures: React Native Gestures is a library that provides a way to handle gestures in your app. It supports a variety of gestures, such as tap, swipe, and pinch.
- React Native Async Storage: React Native AsyncStorage is a way to store data in your app that persists even when the app is closed. It is a useful way to save things like user preferences and game scores.
- React Native Realm: React Native Realm is a NoSQL database that is designed for mobile applications. It is easy to use and provides a lot of features, such as real-time updates and offline support.
These are just a few of the essential components of the React Native mobile app development framework. There are many other components and libraries available, so you can choose the ones that best meet your requirements.
Components are the building blocks of building React Native apps, that in essence is reusable code grouped together based on their purpose. When building React Native apps, remember it is made up of multiple components, which can be either class-based or functional components.
2. One-way data binding
One-way data binding is a method of connecting a data component to a UI component in which data flows in only one direction, from the data component to the UI component. This improves app control by ensuring that the UI component only displays data that is valid and up-to-date.
4. Virtual DOM
The DOM is a structured representation of HTML-based components. It is updated to reflect all changes made to the app. The system compares the newly released version to an earlier version to seamlessly update the program.
Why do companies prefer React Native to build apps?
React Native is a fantastic choice for mobile apps. It provides a user-friendly interface that is sleek, smooth, and highly responsive, while also reducing overall load times. It is also much faster and more cost-effective to develop applications in React Native than in native code, without sacrificing quality, features, or functionality.
1. Functionality that is available across platforms
A cross-platform framework enabling developers to create native like mobile apps for both iOS and Android platforms with just using a single codebase, React Native is highly functional.
2. Increased speed in performance
The functional component of the framework makes building React Native apps more efficient and responsive.
3. Single code for multiple platforms
React Native allows you to create native apps for multiple platforms using a single codebase. This saves you time and effort by eliminating the need to build and maintain separate code bases.
4. Experience similar to that of native apps
React Native apps are compatible with mobile and desktop browsers, offering a native app experience.
The code that makes up the framework can be used again by developers working with React, which makes app creation and maintenance easier.
This component is essential for creating high-quality mobile applications.React Native provides many testing tools that make it easier to test and debug a final product. These tools include:
- Enzyme: A testing utility that makes it easy to write and run cross-platform unit and integration tests.
- React Testing Library: A library that provides utilities for writing user interface tests.
- Snapshot Testing: A technique for testing the output of a component by taking a snapshot of its rendered output and comparing it to a known good state.
- Debugging Tools: A set of tools that can be used to debug React-Native applications.
These tools can help you to find and fix bugs in your code, and ensure that your application works as expected.
Hybrid mobile applications are now seen as a major force in the future of technological innovation. React Native is undoubtedly the future of hybrid app development and react native developers are in high demand. It can be used as a cross-platform and hybrid app development platform, providing both the look and feel of a native app and the ease of development of a web application.
Now you are aware of why you should choose React Native: it is a precise, cross-platform, cross-browser, and cutting-edge technology framework that has been used by prestigious companies and has billions of users worldwide. It is a great choice for developing mobile apps because it is fast, efficient, and easy to use.