There is a current fascination among the young and the old, to go for yoga teacher training. The pandemic has made it more evident, as the world started realizing the benefits of yoga practice to heal and rejuvenate. You can embark on this beautiful journey, without much afterthought. And why not? You have nothing to lose, but only gain. Yoga brings with itself a lot of benefits, like mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual ones. Join the Yoga Teacher Training in India, to get all the benefits and more.
If you want to take it up as a professional, there is nothing better than that. You will be saddled with the responsibility to heal yourself and many others. We consider it as a benevolent task as well. However, you have to learn, practice, as well as master the field, and then only you can be proficient enough. Join one of the best yoga teacher training schools in India today, to gain knowledge and exposure in the field of yoga today.
Obstacles Faced While Taking Yoga Classes
Even after completing the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, you may face some challenges in class. The same applies to most fields. When you head to the best yoga school to imbibe the knowledge, you will also learn about various tricks and tips, that most teachers apply in a classroom environment. There will be challenges and you have to work around those, in many aspects. As a part of the above course, the best yoga school trains students to impart education according to certain guidelines. The teaching pedagogy is a unique practice, that you must learn and master from the best in business today.
Now, that you are more or less convinced that you can face any challenge in the class, after completing the course, here they are. You could possibly make an action plan, before taking the first class.
- When you just start teaching, you may have to conduct classes with a few students. There may be 2-5 students in your first class. However, you need not get dejected due to the same. Once you start teaching, and the other people in the locality or beyond come to know about it, you will get more referrals. Moreover, there are quite a few benefits of teaching smaller classes. You will get a chance to build connections with the other students. Focussing on individuals, will help you to customize. Additionally, the students will also feel happy, as they will get individual attention. So, smaller classes in the initial phase of your career, are actually a boon in disguise. You can increase your proficiency through such classes.
- The next challenge which you may face, after completing the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, is that of marketing your business. In today’s congested market, it can get difficult at times, to sell yourself to the students. You should be able to work around this challenge, with some help. The yoga school also teaches you the business side of things. The social media is a huge tool, that you can use for your benefit today. The first step in the direction, will be to design some nice creatives, that you can use for advertisements. Furthermore, you should fix a niche market. It depends on whom you want to target. It can be students, home makers, working people, or old people. Additionally, you could get inquiries from beginners, intermediates, and advanced professionals, looking to brush up on their existing knowledge. Once you start getting a steady flow of students, you can even hire a marketing agency, to design your marketing template.
- Another challenge that most yoga teachers face is lack of time for their own practice. Once you have made a name for yourself, you will find your time tables full. Moreover, you may not get time to do any advance course as well. However, this is what most teachers want. So, you cannot complain about it. It is still important, that you somehow take some time out for yourself to practice. If you do not do that, you may find stiffness setting in. It may lead to injuries in the yoga class as well. You can also choose to practice the entire course, while you teach. That is a creative way to practice for yourself. When you join the Yoga Teacher Training in India, the teachers will give you all these tips.
- Other challenges include losing the job that you are doing, at any yoga school. It can happen to just about anybody and at any location. If there are less students, many schools go for on-call teachers. So, you have to be prepared for such things. Ups and downs are there in all careers, and the yoga teacher’s career is no different. You can make some provisions for such times, by teaching in private as well. It will help you to keep the income flowing. Additionally, if you are laid off, you can take that time, to go for a new course or an advanced one. Do not stop progressing at any point in time.
- You may also feel that your learning is inadequate. If you did not pay much attention to yoga philosophy, you may go astray. That is the reason why, you must always pay attention to the background and history classes. When you know about the lineage and the complete detail of the form that you teach, you can yourself develop a lot of belief in the same. Moreover, learning is never complete. The same applies to yoga as well. So, you should do refresher courses and keep on learning.
Once you make the decision to teach yoga, it can be a lifelong decision. So, it is important that you stay true to yourself and get ready to handle challenges such as above. When you join the Yoga Teacher Training in India, you can ask for possible solutions from your eminent teachers. Since, they are in the field, they will be able to give you real-time examples. You must always join a registered yoga course, such as the 200-hour YTTC from a good school.