Dispatching involves the process of assigning jobs to the right field service technician who can complete them successfully. It involves multiple decision-making touchpoints across assigning inventory, tracking worker location, informing customers, handling support tickets, etc.
Getting dispatching right means fewer errors in assigning jobs, improved first-time fix rates, and reduced customer support tickets. Streamlining this single workflow helps get the rest of field service operations in place – as it acts as input for them.
When dispatching is done in real-time, it helps you improve service delivery – read the article to know how.
How does real-time dispatching help a field service business?
Real-time dispatching means dispatch software will instantaneously assign the latest work order to a relevant field service technician. It involves the usage of algorithms that determine the best available worker based on many factors like their location, skills, past customer feedback or ratings, and other custom parameters.
Using field service management software removes errors that are common with manually dispatching jobs.
Features of real-time dispatch software:
- Instant job assignment: field service management software like Zuper is enabled by artificial intelligence algorithms, which help instantly assign jobs to the right field service technician.
- GPS technology: helps in guiding workers on an efficient route to the job sites. It also helps in assigning nearby jobs to the same field service technician, thus enhancing the output from them.
- Instant notifications: update your field service technicians and customers about the job assignment status, worker location, changes in job details, and much more using real-time notifications.
- Mobile app access: helps remotely monitor field service technicians to determine productive time spent in service delivery and communicate in real-time.
- Automated reschedules: managing schedule changes manually can lead to errors and multiple phone calls. A dispatch software streamlines rescheduling by re-assigning jobs and sending notifications instantly to workers and customers.
How does dispatch software improve customer experience?
Here’s how adopting a field service management software with real-time dispatching improve customer experience:
- Accurate ETAs: using GPS, it is possible to share the real-time location of the assigned field service technician with the customer so that they can prepare for their arrival. This reduces any customer support questions asking for updates.
- Job updates: sometimes, the customer may be remotely located from the job site. A dispatch software will share real-time updates about the job progress with them, thus assuring them about the work completed.
- Fewer delays: better routes for workers to reach the job site reduces travel time. Instantaneous job assignment and service delivery makes the customer trust your brand and frequently book from you.
- Reduced downtimes: dispatch software also tracks inventory to ensure only available equipment or materials are assigned to the worker. It tracks equipment health to manage maintenance schedules and then assigns it for the job if it’s fit. Such practices reduce downtime or repeat visits by field service technicians due to equipment failure.
How does dispatch software improve service delivery
Real-time dispatching helps improve the service delivery and response time of your business as follows:
- Instant customer support: your field service teams can directly contact the assigned worker or customer support to clear their doubts, make changes, or provide information. Dispatch software helps your teams manage tickets seamlessly on a dashboard and solve them based on priority.
- Tackle emergencies: sometimes, a worker may want guidance from supervisors or managers to perform certain tasks. Dispatch software helps keep them in the loop about the work to quickly troubleshoot or instruct the worker as required. This reduces service delays in waiting for managers to reach the job site.
- Reduce travel time: with GPS-enabled routing, dispatch software will provide an optimized, shortest, and traffic-free route for the worker to reach the job site. It also assigns tasks based on worker proximity to the customer’s location, further reducing travel time.
- Proof of service: a field service technician updates the manager and customer in real time about job progress by sharing images, documents, or videos. This becomes proof for them for the records, thus helping with compliance or supervision.
Experience real-time dispatching for your field service business
Zuper’s intelligent dispatching features enable your business with real-time scheduling and dispatching benefits. Book a demo with our team today to know how it can integrate with your