Both the industrial sector and constructional field have witnessed a great change with the invention of fibreglass. This is a composite raw material which is manufactured by an effective process, known as pultrusion. Fibreglass reinforced plastic or FRP has some amazing features that make it ideal to be used in a wide range of industries, public sector and so on.
The water plant is one of the common areas where the installation of fibreglass structures and products is quite common. Now you may put a question, like, why the water plants, in particular, need FRP structures the most? The reason behind this is that FRP is non-corrosive in nature and since the water plants require a non-corrosive solution, fibreglass is the best solution for this plant.
Water Plant and FRP Structures
When it comes to the water plant, the corrosive environment is what that pops up in everyone’s mind first. You need anti-corrosive products and structures which will not be affected by moisture and other threats. There is a wide range of fibreglass structures which you can find in wastewater treatment plants.
- Baffle Walls
Baffle walls are the most common structures, used in the waste water treatment plants. FRP baffle walls are designed in a special way for the portable water flow control and wastewater treatment. Baffle walls primly serves one purpose and that is to control the water flow. The manufacturer uses standard quality glass fibre panels. They remain inactive to moisture.
- Odour Control Tank Cover
Odour control tanks are mostly used in the waste water treatment plants in order to remove the obnoxious smells. The cover, made of fibreglass hardly gets affected by the severe weather condition, while remaining exposed. Moisture, raining will not affect the tank cover.
- Handrail And Stair Nosing
Handrail can provide the climbers with great support. Fibreglass made handrail system is strong and anti-corrosive. For these, they are perfect to be installed in this area. Apart from this, the anti-slip FRP stair nosing can enhance safety in this area. This structure can offer a better grip to the feet of the users and this is how the stair access system can make the plant safe and secure.
The Best Feature of Fibreglass
The main reason why FRP products and structures are in high demand is that they have some amazing characteristics, including,
- Non-slip: Fibreglass is non-slip in nature. The areas which involve traffic and which is slippy are suitable for using non-slip fibreglass structures. Stair nosing and grating platform have this unique feature.
- Anti-Corrosive: For the non-corrosive feature, glass fibre products are considered as the ideal one mainly for the industrial usage.
- Robust: Pultruded GRP structures have enough strength to endure the heavy load and pressure. The grating platform does not get affected by the heavy pressure.
- Durable and Customizable: Once you install FRP structure, you do not have to spend much for the maintenance of the GRP products. They are durable and they are available in different designs.
Hope all the information about fibreglass products, their characteristics and uses, is useful for you. For further queries, you may surf the internet now.