QuickBooks Error 3371 generally occurs when users try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop on their systems. A user might get the following error message for the error code, which states, “ QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” Well, no one can deny that error 3371 QuickBooks is one such error that requires instant attention if you want to continue your work. Further in this post, you will read about the factors that often cause error 3371 and how you can quickly resolve it.
Looking for assistance to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 immediately? If yes, dial our toll-free number +1-855-948-3651 and get assisted by certified QuickBooks Desktop experts.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
Just like with others QB errors, there can be a number of factors that can cause QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Below we have mentioned some of the most common ones:
- The ECML that contains license information might have been damaged or corrupted.
- Your Windows might be of an outdated version.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
Solution 1) Remove the ECML file
- At first, you need to press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run Command window.
- In the Run command dialog box, you need to type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8″ and press the Enter
- Find the ECML file, right-click on it and choose the Delete option from the drop-down list of options.
- After deleting the ECML file, you need to close the window by pressing Alt + F4
- Now, you need to re-run QuickBooks Desktop on the system.
- Follow the steps you see on your screen to register QuickBooks again.
Solution 2) Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from QB Tool Hub
- At first, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub for the latest version (22.214.171.124) from the QuickBooks official website and open it.
- In QB Tool Hub, you need to select the Installation issues
- On the Installation Issues Window, you need to click on the 3371 Error Fix Tool and hit the OK.
Solution 3) Update the Windows Operating system
- Press the Windows key to open the Windows Start
- In the search box, type “check for updates” and select Check for updates to start updating the windows.
- Once your Windows is fully updated, you need to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Dealing with QuickBooks Error 3371 might seem complicated to a number of users. However, resolving the error 3371 does not require any rocket science. Hopefully, after implementing the steps as mentioned above in the post, you will be able to get rid of Error 3371 QuickBooks.