Every year, millions of people fall prey to cybercrime. According to the report of Internet Crime Complain Center, consumers lose over $3 billion from scams initiated via the web. However, there are ways that can help you avoid online frauds.
The internet has become a popular tool to commit scams and frauds and criminals are making its full use and adopting more sophisticated and innovative hacking techniques. Hackers are getting pro with their new hacking styles and thus it is extremely essential for customers to use only reliable and trusted secured wireless networks when making financial transactions. Also know that all your personal details shared online can be used by hackers to do online frauds.
- Make sure your computer and other devices are up to date. Always keep the latest security software, operating system and web browser. They work as a great defense against viruses, Trojans, malware and other cyber threats. Switch on the automatic updates so that you can get the latest fixes as and when they get available.
- Keep strong passwords. By saying strong passwords, we mean that it should be at least 8 characters and should have a mix of upper and lowercase letters, special characters and numerical values
- Keep an eye on phishing scams. Phishing scams make use of fraud mails and sites to trick people into stating their private account or login details. Do not tap on links and attachments or pop-up screens if you are not familiar with the sender. You can forward the phishing males to the FTC and to the company or bank impersonated in the mail.
- Always keep your personal details personal. Hackers make use social media profiles to know your passwords and answer the security questions mentioned in the password reset tools. Make sure you lock your privacy settings and don’t post things like birthday, maiden name of your mother or address. Also ensure to stay away from people you don’t know. Never share your personal details, even if you have made friends online.
- Keep your internet connection secure. Always secure the wireless network of your home with a passcode. When connecting to public Wi-Fi network, make sure you know what information you are sharing over it.
- Shop carefully. When you are shopping online, make sure you choose the website which use secure technology. Find out if the payment gateway is encrypted or not. When at the checkout screen, see if the web address starts with https. And also see if a small locked padlock symbol is present on the page.
Even after following these safety rules, if you have been a victim of online trading scams, then Exploit Code is your one-stop solution. All you need to do is tell your scam to them and the best experts will be assigned for it.