Underarm air can seem bothersome to many, and for a good reason. It might sometimes stop us from wearing our favorite clothes or draw unwanted attention. If you do not want your underarm hair to bother you anymore or come in the way of your fashion, underarm waxing is the way to go. Below, we will discuss the benefits of underarm waxing.
Top benefits of underarm waxing
- Waxing helps remove the hair from the root. So, you will not require to think about regrowth until four weeks’ time.
- You will get a soft and smooth feeling on your armpits when touched. This will eliminate the itchiness that one gets after shaving.
- You will get more time on your hands to focus on other important things because you will not have to shave once every week. Moreover, it will also minimize flare-ups on your skin that usually happens after shaving. Thus, underarm waxing is especially beneficial for people who have sensitive skin.
- Armpit hair removal through waxing also cuts down the risk of cuts and razor burns. These can make your skin sting and add a feeling of soreness to it after applying deodorant or a moisturizer.
- Your hair will always grow back smoother and finer after you get underarm waxing. In shaving, the upper part of your hair is removed, and it gives off a feeling of coarseness.
- Waxing armpits has another potential benefit. For instance, it can exfoliate your skin by removing dead skin cells. It can unblock your clogged pores, and your regrown hair will not curl back.
What should you know before waxing your underarms?
Before you start waxing armpits, there are a few things that you must always have to keep in mind.
- Make sure to grow out your hair before going for a waxing session. Rushing when your hair is not long enough is not advisable. If your armpit hair is around 1/4 inch, you can consider getting them waxed. On the other hand, in case you grow them long enough, you might experience more pain during your next session as long strands of underarm hair will be uprooted.
- Exfoliate your armpit to remove dirt from your underarm areas and in order to prevent ingrown hairs from growing under the skin. As the area is sensitive, light exfoliation is advised in order to prevent abrasion on the skin. You can also try exfoliating a few days before you actually go for a waxing session.
- Try cleaning and drying out your underarms. If your underarms are sweaty, it will not allow the wax to stick to your armpits. Therefore, do not perform any strenuous activities before going for waxing. In addition, avoid applying lotions and oils to your armpits. Only using water and soap and drying the skin properly before waxing is our suggestion.
Frequently Asked Questions about underarm waxing
Below, we have listed some of the most frequently asked questions about underarm waxing.
1. Can waxing your armpits make them less dark?
Waxing armpits can help in reducing hyperpigmentation or discolouration that occurs due to waxing. This is because, through waxing, one can remove dead skin cells with the hair present on the underarms. Thus, persistent waxing can help whiten up the areas which were earlier darkened through waxing.
2. Can underarm odor be reduced through waxing?
Yes, waxing can help reduce underarm odor. This is because it removes the heat generated by your underarm sweat glands in the presence of hair. Moreover, when you wax, the essence of cleaning products seeps further into your skin while eliminating the bad odor produced in that area.
3. Are there any disadvantages of going for underarms waxing?
There are some disadvantages to underarm waxing. Underarm waxing can sometimes be costlier than shaving. Moreover, the risk of side effects might be lower in comparison to shaving, but side effects still remain. For instance, as we mentioned that ingrown hair could also occur from waxing, so you must take great care in order to prevent such side effects. But, in the long term, waxing is a suitable alternative to waxing your underarm hair. So, you must remember this the next time you go for armpit hair removal.
We have discussed above the top benefits of underarm waxing. You must choose to wax your underarms if you want long-term results. In addition, it will eliminate razor burns and itchiness that occur after shaving. Instead, you will end up getting smooth and soft skin. Moreover, it can also exfoliate your skin by unclogging your pores.
There are things that you must do prior to a waxing session. For instance, do not go to a waxing session if your armpit hair is not at least 1/4 inch in its length. So, it is utmost essential to keep in mind that growing your hair too long can have an adverse effect and make it hard and painful to uproot the lengthy hair strand from the root. We advise you to keep the area clean and dry before you go for waxing to get the best results.