The Business Intelligence provides the CEOs and CIOs a proper business arena with tactical advantages and the strategies. The business intelligence application solutions can be supported with Oracle and known as the Oracle Business Intelligence. It can support various sources like the PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle eBusiness Suite, Siebel etc. Therefore, the Oracle BI apps consist of data warehouse and the dashboards and the reports built previously.
Why Use Oracle Business Intelligence? The Oracle Business Intelligence can be used by any type of industry irrespective of the types of its departments. The reports can be customized according to the specific sections of the organization. The companies can provide greater insights by the query, analysis, alerts and the dashboards throughout the overall user communities. If you are creating the reports, you can use dashboard, metric and reports. The pre-built templates can also be used without any customization.
The analytic applications can pull the overall data from various sources and can explain the effectiveness and the status of the business operations. For example, the analytic application of the financial system can monitor the actual performance with the overall budget. The sales application can monitor the size of the pipeline and can recognize the opportunities which are profitable. The supply chain application can optimize the backlog issues, the inventory levels, and the product fulfillment requirement.
Advantages Of Using Oracle Business Intelligence In Enterprises:
- Complete End-to-End Monitoring: The availability and the performance can be improved through the connectivity as well as service checks in an active manner. The worse behaving servers can easily be recognized and the side effects from them can easily be eliminated.
- Saves Time: The business intelligence applications take very less time to get deployed and running through the servers. Properly customized packages can come with the business views, pre defined dashboards and reports. The integrated tools of data can decrease the time of the intelligence solutions and keep them running.
- Interactive and Formatted: The users can easily use the interactive mode by generating the pixel-perfect reports and the analysis with all the readable files such as EDI, EFT etc.
- Connectivity to Any Data Source: The business intelligence can create data from the virtual sources that contains the XML feeds, HTTP and file data source etc.
- End User Report with Choice: The end users can create the reports and publish them in the layouts of their choice. The editor can directly be transferred through the web browser or desktop tools like Adobe Acrobat, Word, and Excel. When a report query is huge in size, an alert can appear. If the report runs very slow, the OBI management package can execute the queries for a much longer time than expected. The OBI can also identify if the system is not working. It can also detect whether the connection requests are coming on time or not.
- Hot Pluggable: The IT infrastructure can be integrated with wide range of security models and it integrates them with custom applications through the JAVA or the web services.
- Reduce Operating Costs: For optimizing the service delivery and to reduce the operating costs, the business intelligence applications can be used with the servers.
The OBI package can allow the companies to deploy the business intelligence in a small scale for a single department. It can also be expanded by using the same model and the platform with a consistent view of the information of the enterprise. The components that are included in the Business Intelligence packs are ERP analytics, Supply chain and order management, spend classification and project.